El Sáb 22 Sep 2001 19:08, escribiste:
> Manuel Teira wrote:
> > El Sáb 22 Sep 2001 18:30, escribiste:
> > > You can pass an argument to isosurf to tell it to render only 100
> > > triangles (isosurf -100) - another good option, and you can get it to
> > > render more by moving with the arrow keys.
> >
> > isosurf, where could I find it?
>
> Mesa demos directory, same place gears normally lives.  see www.mesa3d.org.
>
> Keith

I have had problems trying to compile the demos myself, so, I've extracted
them from a binary package I've found.

And now, the results:

1.-When the new bm_dma_test is called from the dma_init it fails as ever.
Then, if I try to run the 'gears' demo, it hangs the machine.
2.-When the bm_dma_test is called from the dma_cleanout, the gears demo runs,
showing only garbage on the screen. So, it seems that we should blame the DMA
test for the locks.
3.-Finally, and in the same environment than (2), I've tried to run the
isosurf demo. Against all the bets, it worked. Well, it's able to render the
figures as good as in software mode (with the software GL library), but with
some problems:
        - There's garbage in the background of the window.
        - The window is not cleaned for each frame, so, all the shapes are mixed on
the screen after some key strokes.

Now, we need somebody with knowledge about the internals to look for the
reason of this behaviour. Perhaps something related with buffer swapping?

--
M. Teira