Hi!

Since several weeks/months, running an opengl app (epsxe, quake3) sometimes
completely locks up the machine. It is not easily reproducible, about 5 times
it works and then suddenly the 6th time it locks up in the same situation. It
happens just before "a new screen is being created" (with epsxe when the
program finishes loading and the anti piracy thingy should appear, with q3
when it finishes loading and the arena should appear).

There aren't any warnings/kernel panics, it simply locks up, stops responding
to pings etc. Everything else is stable (I watch a lot of divx with aviplay).

I have rh7.2, 2.4.18-pre4 kernel, alsa 0.9beta12, xf86 4.2.0, dri-cvs from
today and gatos-cvs from today, everything self compiled. ECS K7S5A, Duron900,
192MB RAM.

I'll try a newer kernel and then xf86 cvs, but perhaps someone met this
behaviour before...

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
                NT, now approaching 23x6 availability.