Brian Paul wrote:

> Ian Romanick wrote:

> > > Ian,
> > >
> > > Andreas has also tried loading Maya and has seen similar problems.  He
> > > elluded to Maya wanting an overlay visual.  If would be interesting to
> > > see if the vis == NULL problem went away if we had an overlay visual.
> > > We could hack up the visual initialization code to lie and say we had
> > > overlay visuals, just to see if this is the problem...
>
> I think that would just lead to another failure later on.

Definitely a visual failure, since the layers would actual
interfere...however, I was theorizing that there was other logic failing
at the application level when an overlay visual wasn't present.  Alas, I
looked at their supported cards on there web site and they do support
non-overlay cards in some capacity.  So, I wouldn't bother with this
exploration.

> > I don't know about overlay visuals, but I do know that CreateContext should
> > probably test vis and give some sort of reasonable return.  SEGFAULTing is
> > probably not the best answer.  The curious thing is that this seems to be in
> > the SGI GLX code.  I wonder what happens on Irix (or any other OS for that
> > matter) if glXCreateContext is called with vis==NULL.
>
> I don't have my Indigo2 set up right now so I can't test.  But I think
> testing the visual and Display parameters for NULL and returning NULL
> is a reasonable thing to do.  I've just checked in code to do that.

Sounds good.

         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /    \ \ \   Steamboat Springs, Colorado