On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:49:46AM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:

| IIRC, the test draws extremely small (subpixel) triangles.

Yeah, the original version of the test did that.  The current version
uses a full-window-size quad, so I think it's much better with respect
to the problems you mentioned.

In the current version there might be some precision problems involved
in establishing the minimum resolvable difference.  For example, the
NVIDIA drivers fail, but only by about half the least-significant depth
buffer bit.  I've been curious to see whether other implementations
passed, or if the test should be loosened up to allow one more bit of
slack.

Allen