Jeroen,

If you're having problems w/ 2D functionality (stuff that runs even when the DRI is disabled), then you should post to [EMAIL PROTECTED] However, the stuff in your "PS" section is useful information.

Thanks!

Jeroen Roodhart wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem getting XFree86 to accept that my monitor is connected
to the VGA-socket instead of the DVI-socket. Somehow it thinks the
primary display interface is the DVI socket and there is no convincing
it with any XF86config option I've found (CRTScreen, PanelDisplay ....).

The one thing that helps is to edit

$SRCROOT/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon_driver.c

and force MT_CTR to be set, bypassing the DDC detection code.

Im a bit pressed for time, but if I can provide you with any information
to maybe help you fix this, I'll do my best to help. Please ask if needed. (The code works for me now, so if I'm the obly one having this
problem, please ignore ;) )

The r200-20021030 snapshot has the problem as well (As you'd expect)

My configuration is:

Linux Redhat 8.0 with stock kernel (thus gcc 3.2 based distro)
DRI-CVS tree updated as of 10 minutes ago and patched to force MT_CRT
Gigabyte A7VRXP mobo
AMD Athlon 2100+ CPU
512 Mb memory
Powercolor Evil Master II (Recognised as Radeon 8500 QL -- 64M)
2 x Maxtor 60G ATA133 Disks (running linux raid0)
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum

PS.

glxgears gives me rates between 1500 and 2000 frames/s -- nice? But
there is a strange "jerking effect" in the display of the gears (meaning
it turns dor a second, then hampers/halts, then turns again). I'm seeing
this when using xine to play DVD as well. QuakeIII is fine though (between 30 and 90 FPS).

I can't really diagnose what is causing this becasue my system is new,
and just recently installed so It could be another subsystem (sound,
raid0_ that is causing this, but if I had to bet...

Anyway, thanx for a great job,

With kind regards,

Jeroen

--