Ian Romanick wrote:
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:35:45AM -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

Allen Akin wrote:

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 08:14:53PM -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:
| | How does one go about determining the (data structure / API) version of
| libGL.so?

As I understand it, there isn't a formal version number. Apps that
follow the Linux ABI shouldn't need to be aware of the libGL version,
so there isn't one.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/ABI/

The closed-source OpenGL implementations apparently don't meet the ABI
standard yet. (At least, NVIDIA's doesn't; can't speak firsthand for
any others.)
I think Ian might be looking for an internal version number so he can
test how new libGL is from within a DRI driver.  Is that right, Ian?

Correct.

Well, there isn't an official query like this, but there is the
_glapi_get_version() function which returns the version of the dispatcher
code.  See the top of glapi.c for the version history.

This seems a little hinkey to me.  If I'm adding new data structures or
dispatch functions to, for example, __DRIcontext or __DRIdrawable, I need to
bump a version in a file that comes from extras/Mesa/src?  That just seems
weird and potentially problematic to me. :)
Right. It's not the real solution to your problem. But it's the only
thing remotely similar to what you need.

Perhaps we should add a new internal function to libGL to help with this
in the future.

-Brian