Hello!

Im using xmms-1.2.5-65.rpm from suse. build date: 24 Sep 2001
do a
xmms &
then select a song, press play
press the "O" for Options,
select "Einstellungen" (settings),
then select the tab for visual-plugins,
select OpenGL LAVA Plugin 0.7, press "use plugin"
-> a window with some floating lava pops up, on my
computer its 2/3 the size of the screen.
then select OpenGL Spectrum Analyzer 1.2.5, press "use plugin"
-> a second window with columns pops up, then a moment later ->
one of these: a)app crashes, b)Xserver freezes, music keeps playing
you have to remote kill the app,
c)app crashes and Xserver freezes, you have to restart the Xserver,
but you wont get a vt when you shutdown the xserver!
d)whole box crashes, music plays in a loop: you have to reset,
a: most often b: sometimes c,d: less often

In my tests b,c,d only occured when starting things in
that order.. maybe I didnt try to hard.
I dont now if its necessary to play a song, but I think it helped
to trigger the worst cases c/d.

setting RADEON_NO_VTXFMT=1 helped: no crashes
setting RADEON_TCL_FORCE_DISABLE=1 helped, too
using trunk: helped NOT
using latest radeon.o from 2002-11-24 dri: helped NOT

I think which caused the error-messages below was one
of type "b" or "c"

any suggestions?

regards,
Andreas