On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 12:00, Sven Luther wrote:
> Just my experience for when file-roller (part of gnome) upgrades its
> configuration, it takes minutes on a Atlhon 1700+, but i admit, the
> configuration file-roller manages are, if not big, at least there are
> many of them.

Thats something else. Arguments about XML load/parse time are about
the micro/milliseconds involved. XSLT formatting is another matter
but XSLT is XML->something translation and not what you would want
to do for a configuration except maybe with some kind of back end
tool generating configurations for hundreds of desktops where you
can take XSLT rules and XML card/monitor descriptions and turn out
config files to order.

Thats a whole layer above anything XFree cares about