Brian Paul wrote:
Leif Delgass wrote:

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Brian Paul wrote:

The mask values indicate which bits in the pixel (word) correspond to each color channel. The buffer size is the sum of the red, green, blue, and alpha bits.

Mach64/R128
r g b a amask    bsz  ar ag ab aa  Xvisual dpth
5 6 5 0 00000000  16  16 16 16 0   16
8 8 8 0 00000000  24  16 16 16 0   24

AFAIK, Mach64 doesn't support destination alpha.  This looks correct.

Radeon/R200
r g b a amask    bsz  ar ag ab aa  Xvisual dpth
5 6 5 0 00000000  16  16 16 16 0   16
8 8 8 8 ff000000  24  16 16 16 16  24

bufferSize should be set to 32 in radeon_dri.c

Shouldn't this be one of the following?

8 8 8 0 00000000 32 16 16 16 0 24
8 8 8 8 00000000 32 16 16 16 16 24

I know that in the XFree86 Radeon driver in 24-bit each pixel is actually 4 bytes, whether the alpha channel is used or not.

MGA
r g b a amask    bsz  ar ag ab aa  Xvisual dpth
5 6 5 0 00000000  16  16 16 16 0   16
8 8 8 8 00000000  32  16 16 16 0   24
alphaMask should be 0xff000000.
In the argb8888 READ_RGBA in mgaspan.c, alpha is always returned as 255. One or the other of these is wrong.
Hmmm, I don't remember if the g200/400 supports dest alpha. The span functions would seem to indicate "no".
I've changed the mga_dri.c to report 0 for alpha bits, and 24 as the buffer size.

8 8 8 8 00000000  32  16 16 16 16  24

GLINT
r g b a amask    bsz  ar ag ab aa  Xvisual dpth
5 5 5 5 000f1000  16  16 16 16 0   15 (pScrn->depth)
8 8 8 0 00000000  32  16 16 16 0   24 (pScrn->depth)

This might be right.
Looks OK.

Shouldn't the buffer size be 24 here?
Ooops, yes.
Fixed.

tdfx
r g b a amask    bsz  ar ag ab aa  Xvisual dpth
5 6 5 0 00000000  16  16 16 16 0   16
8 8 8 0 00000000  16  16 16 16 0   24 (pScrn->bitsPerPixel)
8 8 8 8 ff000000  16  16 16 16 16  32 (pScrn->bitsPerPixel)

8 8 8 0 00000000  32  16 16 16 0   24
8 8 8 8 00000000  32  16 16 16 16  24

In hw/drivers/tdfx/tdfx_dri.c bufferSize should be set to 32.

I'll check in corrections for these shortly.  Thanks!

Sure.  Could you also check these in on the mesa-4-0-4-branch?

Looks like Ian did.
Err, he updated the texmem branch. I've updated the mesa-4-0-4 branch so it matches the trunk. Perhaps Ian can update the texmem branch again with the mga and glint changes. I don't have a copy of that branch checked out.

-Brian