Smitty wrote:
Hi Rich

Is there anything that can be done to cut down the spam on dri-devel? Several other mailing lists I'm on hold submissions by non-subscribers
for approval. I'd even be willing to sort the non-subscribed emails,
so that everyone else could avoid them...
That would be great, its really starting to get on my tits now.

What you've mentioned has been suggested by Alex in response to one of my
emails about this.

I've tried contacting the list mainatiner privately but it would appear
that the maintainer listed under dri-devel list info is incorrect.

I've just started running bogofilter on all incoming email, myself,
though yeah, it'd be nice if it weren't so necessary.
I'm on the dri-digest(s) option so I just live with it.

Or am I just being obnoxious?
Less so than the spammers. :)
I skipped your email because of the subject line. <g>
I'd be happy to see postings restricted to subscribers too.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the list-admin password is. Maybe Daryll or Rik do?

-Brian