On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, D. Hageman wrote:

>> I think spam filtering for dri-devel and dri-users would be a good
>> solution -- IMO, that would be better than moderation.  For dri-patches,
>> the Reply-To is dri-devel.  I'd rather have just commit messages and
>> nothing else on dri-patches.  Any comments/replies to specific patches, or
>> posts dealing with CVS should go to dri-devel anyway.  That's why I
>> suggested limiting just dri-patches to sourceforge addresses.
>
>I have only been glancing at this thread, but basically it comes down to
>this - If the spam bothers you that much setup spam filtering on your
>personal machine and be done with it.  We waste more time and bandwidth
>talking about what "should" be done (with the list) then actually doing
>what really "should" be done (with dri).  Just my thoughts ...

As stated in my previous mail, I do use spamassassin, and as such
I do not have a problem with spam.  If you're not interested in
the discussion on despamming, then simply hit DEL on the messages
that do not interest you, and you'll lose no time at all. If
other people wish to discuss it, they can, and will.

Freedom of speech.