On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:46:36 -0800
David Bronaugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I think I figured out the underlying problem.
> > >
> > > In core mesa, all statechanges are preceded by a call to
> > > ctx->Driver.FlushVertices(), to ensure all buffered vertices are fired
> > > before the state is changed.  This is currently set to
> > > _tnl_FlushVertices(), which doesn't do anything to notify the driver
> > > about this impending statechange.
> > >
> > > We should probably wrap _tnl_FlushVertices() and install that instead in
> > > ctx->Driver.FlushVertices().
> > >
> > > I'll code something up & post a patch.
> > >
> > > Keith
> >
> > Can you test this change?
> >
> > Keith
>
> I've tested it. Radeon 7000.
>
> I get texture flashing in Quake3 with map q3dm1 in particular, when in the room with
> the plasma gun. It's pretty spectacular -- floor goes purple and yellow. Not quite
> sure what to make of it.
>
> Screenshot: (1280x1024, sorry, my flat panel made me do it! I swear!)
>
> http://bronaugh.linuxboxen.org/q3_glitch.jpg
>
> I got this with trunk too, without this patch. Hopefully I'm not hitting a hardware
> flaw or such in my card (ie, bad ram)...
>
> It seems to change a lot with motion (whether it's glitched or not) and also
> seemingly with time (perhaps lighting?).
>
> Can someone else confirm this behaviour?

You're right. It looks like a SWTCL vertex corruption problem I fixed
recently by moving tnl->Driver.Render.Start( ctx ) before emitting
indexed vertices in radeon_run_render. Somehow this patch reintroduces
the problem. Though I don't see how :-/

> David Bronaugh

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!