On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:18:53 -0600
Steve Holland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix Kühling wrote:
> >If the span stuff is all that's needed then it should be working.
> >Incidentally I tested the drawpix demo yesterday. It worked ok as long
> >as it drew to the back buffer. Drawing to the front buffer was broken,
> >though. It started scribbling all over the screen. Maybe that's all
> >that needs to be fixed.
>
> drawpix does NOT work for me when drawing to the back buffer (just black
> window, no scribbling). Drawing to the front buffer causes scribbling
> all over the screen. (SuperSavage IX/C SDR) I'm at 16bit 1400x1050.

Strange. It works on ProSavageDDR and SavageIX here. But I tested with
the new driver on the DRI/Mesa trunk. Could you try updating?

> (question of # of args to do_unmap)
> > Must be something about how fedora patches their kernels. I didn't need
> > this to build on a stock 2.4.21 kernel from kernel.org. Unless you know
> > a safe way to detect a fedora-patched kernel at build time I'm not going
> > to change it in CVS. But it's good to know in case others stumble over
> > the same problem.
> How about #ifdef DO_MUNMAP_4_ARGS   (this is set by Makefile.linux)?

Ok. I'll use that macro then.

> > >     - The 'make install' does not create TLS versions of libGL, so
> > > it is necessary under Fedora Core 1 to remove the copies of libGL in
> > > /usr/X11R6/lib/tls/ to prevent using the old libGL (glxinfo reports
> > > indirect rendering even with DRI enabled).
> >
> > This should be added to the new building guide (see below) if it's not
> > there already.
> It's not in there right now. Might it be better to have the 'make install' do this,
> or remove/rename the tls versions?

I'm not an expert for this kind of problem. Personally I think this would
be too much intelligence for a make install. As this is not a
savage-specific problem, what do other developers think?

>       Thanks again,
>       Steve

Felix