--- Ian Molton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is MergedFB going to replace xinerama in the long run?

MergedFB only workes on hardware that supports it, where both heads can
share the same continious framebuffer.  This can only be done if the
DACs(heads) share the same video memory.

> if not, will xinerama be able to use 3D / Xv properly on radeon (9000)
> in the near future?

I don't think there are any plans to support 3D for xinerama.

> why doesnt radeon xinerama use mergedFB techniques to acieve its ends ?

The only big hurdel is wather or not the heads share enuff videomemory for
the entire FB.