> > In fact, i use xfree86 (from debian testing) for fglrx,
>
> You mean xfree86 4.3.0 + ati.patch from r300 cvs ?

No the original xfree86 from debian with fglrx, and i
have installed elsewhere Xorg with r300 (in fact
my rep /usr/X11R6 is link to xfree86 or to xorg and
i point it to which one i want to run). I guess you can
have an older xorg with gentoo and use this one
with fglrx and use xorg cvs for r300 stuff.

Jerome Glisse