> The log design presents numerous opportunities for rogue processes to do
> bad things.  At some level, that's inherent in the nature of direct
> rendering.  If you don't trust the processes, don't enable direct rendering.

Thats a very poor answer to the problem. DRI needs to be moving towards
being more secure, and building in assumptions of insecurity just makes
it worse when better cards are used.

Its critical that the kernel knows what memory on the video space is
being used for command queue and protects it. From the description of
the SiS turboqueue I suspect you may be able to root a sis video box
that way but without full docs I can't tell.

Other stuff like textures is merely annoyance value. Knowing who owned a
block for cleanup matters and the DRI lock/mem handling on some chips
already handles it. Its also cheap because you only have to track some
kind of texture handles not pages for cleanup.

Alan