Aapo Tahkola wrote:
That check doesnt currently seem to work because some setup(at
preinit) with color tiling enabled will get done earlier.

Does this version break r200s or radeons?
From the top of my head, I think it does. For certain 16bit resolutions,
that is (as the resolution won't be a multiple of 2048 bits wide, which is the block width of those chips for color tiling - i.e. 64 pixels for 32bit, 128 pixels for 16bit). That said, I think the use of info->MaxSurfaceWidth doesn't make any sense there, it is pure coincidence that "2048" is the same (in pixels) for the max width as it is (in bits) for the pitch increment. Isn't the block width of the r300 based chips 2048 bits too?

Roland