Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 00:44 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
>
>>>^^^ Just install libdrm from DRM CVS.  It's a requirement now.
>>
>>IN FILE xf86drm.h  AND include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h CHANGE
>>----
>>#include <drm.h>
>>----
>>#include <drm/drm.h>
>>----
>
> All that does is paper over the cracks.  It's a symptom of pkg-config
> not finding libdrm.  You need to find out why pkg-config isn't finding
> libdrm -- whether that be that you didn't make install it properly, but
> just copied it, or that the place you installed it to isn't in your
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH, whatever -- and fix that.

1. I have no idea what pkgconfig is.
2. I successfully (relatively) installed the package without knowing
what pkgconfig is with minimial effort.
3. The existance of pkgconfig therefore places an increased UNNECESSARY
 managment/learning/fussingwith burdeon on the USER, a mortal sin for
any developer, and should therefore be removed from all *nix/*nux
systems with the most extreme prejudice.
4. /me adds "pkgconfig" to the multi-volume list of things I hate about
unix.
5. Unless someone starts paying me, I'm not even going to waste another
second thinking about pkgconfig. If it decides to start working FINE, if
it doesn't I DON'T CARE, I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY LIFE!!

--
Friends don't let friends use GCC 3.4.4
GCC 3.3.6 produces code that's twice as fast on x86!

Non-sequiter item: Charleston, South Carolina