> Note the slab has a memory tracking feature that accounts memory to
> callers of the allocator.  IF that's not enough for you please help
> improving the common code instead of inventing your own.

Christoph that code was written over 6-7 years ago, feel free to provide a
patch for it to use the slab allocator, we only turn this code on though
when developing new drivers, I don't think it ever gets used outside of
that.. we don't need the overhead of the memory tracking in normal use..

Please stop implying that all the code in the drm is magically new and
that we should be reusing kernel infrastructure that wasn't even written
when the code first appeared.. or provide patches...

Dave.