On Friday 28 March 2008 05:08:38 Younes M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted to the Nouveau mailing list about this, but for
> those who don't participate in that one I thought I would also post
> here since it seems to concern DRI as much as Nouveau. I intend to
> submit an application for a project that will attempt to implement
> XvMC in terms of Gallium3D. I've come up with a preliminary proposal
> and was hoping people would be willing to give it a quick read and
> give me some feedback; opinions, corrections, concerns, etc. An HTML
> version is here: http://www.bitblit.org/gsoc/gallium3d_xvmc.shtml and
> a text version is below.

Isn't XvMC going to be depricated in favor of VAAPI? Not sure if it's of any
use
to you, but Qt 4.4.0 has an OpenGL playback widget for Phonon GStreamer
backend. It uses a shader to do the color-space conversion and is avaliable
under the GPLv2/GPLv3.

If your interest is XcMV because of client-side support, I may be able to
find someone in Trolltech willing to write a Phonon/GStreamer playback
widget which uses VAAPI. It may not be able to make use of all the VAAPI
features as many of them need to be supported in the decoder elements
(I think anyway). Ping me if this is of interest.

Cheers,

Tom