Tom Cooksey wrote:
> Isn't XvMC going to be depricated in favor of VAAPI? Not sure if it's of any
> use
> to you, but Qt 4.4.0 has an OpenGL playback widget for Phonon GStreamer
> backend. It uses a shader to do the color-space conversion and is avaliable
> under the GPLv2/GPLv3.
>
> If your interest is XcMV because of client-side support, I may be able to
> find someone in Trolltech willing to write a Phonon/GStreamer playback
> widget which uses VAAPI. It may not be able to make use of all the VAAPI
> features as many of them need to be supported in the decoder elements
> (I think anyway). Ping me if this is of interest.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I went with XvMC because it has a lot of client support as you said. I
think it would be immediately useful to a lot of people, plus there
are lots of resources out there. Implementing VAAPI is on my list of
nice-to-haves if I have time, but at the very least I'll try to keep
the code modularized enough to make a VAAPI implementation as painless
as possible. I think having VAAPI support would kick start things and
get more clients to support it, so it's definitely worth the effort.
If I have time at towards the end to do a basic VAAPI implementation
I'll definitely keep your offer in mind.

Thank you very much,

Younes