> Dave,
>
> Could you list what fixes / changes you think are needed to get TTM into
> the mainline kernel?

2 main reasons:

1) I feel there hasn't been enough open driver coverage to prove it. So
far we have done an Intel IGD, we have a lot of code that isn't required
for these devices, so the question of how much code exists purely to
support poulsbo closed source userspace there is and why we need to live
with it. Both radeon and nouveau developers have expressed frustration
about the fencing internals being really hard to work with which doesn't
bode well for maintainability in the future.

2) Intel have asked that we don't push i915 support upstream as they
believe it isn't ready and as they end up supporting the kernel module in
the longer term I cannot go against that without a good reason. I have no
other driver to push hence stalled. I'll leave keithp to comment on this
further.

Dave.