On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 16:29 +0800, Donnie Fang wrote:
> Hi all,
>     after reviewed the radeon fence scheme, there are lots of chances
> that it needs create a new fence object, and also there are lots of
> chances need to destroy these fence objects.
>      In my opinion, is it possible to maintain a list for recording
> some freed fence object for later usage and hence save performance. Am
> i right?
> Donnie.

Idea is that kernel allocator already do that for us. I would like to
avoid having many pools in the driver, i don't think it's well behaving
to do so. And fence are small enough to take advantage of any slab/slub
allocator kernel has.

However if you have benchmark that shows that fence allocation is
slowing down, by huge margin, application than we might consider doing
so. But i don't think fence are biggest bottleneck, i am pretty sure
memory management is.

Cheers,
Jerome