Hi Monty,

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 11:00:35AM -0700, Monty Taylor wrote:
> You know ... at the moment I think we've only got theoretical "folks"
> who might want to use stack allocated structs. What if we just say no?
> Is it _really_ an important thing to allow? You can still reuse your one
> allocated object - I can't imagine the cost of _one_ malloc would kill
> anyone.
> 
> I vote for making them opaque unless someone actually has an actual
> reason for doing otherwise.

This would be my vote too, the main objection came from Brian. Since
he is on vacation this week, we can go ahead and commit the changes
before he notices. :)

Or, we should probably wait until him and the other folks are back
online for discussion.

-Eric

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to