Bob,

The format you propose is interesting.  I believe that it is
on flexible enough.  Both the condition and the action should be
expressions, otherwise the format is just some kind of dymanic
preprocessor.

I believe that one of your goals was to have a dynamic rules
engine.  Forcing the rules actions to be references to methods in
the root class binds the rule to the class very tightly.

Just my two cents,
Stuart Schmukler