On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 02:46:38PM +0000, Johan Ribenfors wrote:
> Matt Johnston <matt <at> ucc.asn.au> writes:
>
> > This looks sensible (exiting if a -R forward fails when -N
> > is specified). I wonder if anyone would have problems if
> > they're using -N and multiple -L/-R options and don't mind
> > of only some of them fail - maybe it should be a separate
> > commandline flag.
>
> In the interests of learning more, under what circumstances would you _not_
> want
> dropbear to exit when it couldn't make the connection?

The kind of situation I had in mind is where you have a set
of say 5 ports you want forwarded but one of the ports is
already bound on the server (perhaps you've forwarded that
separately?). I guess in automated circumstances with -N
that isn't very common. It's more of an issue if you have
some standard "LocalForward" per-host entries in a
~/.ssh/config for OpenSSH client, but don't care much if
they don't always work.

Cheers,
Matt