Hi,

I'm not clear about all your questions, but we use Angular2 with dropwizard
and that's how we do it:
 - we bundle the frontend (the angular dist files with the index.html file)
in the classpath of the dropwizard aplication. See
https://gitlab.com/victornoel/petals-cockpit/blob/master/cockpit/pom.xml#L67)
 - we configure dropwizard with ConfiguredAssetsBundle to serve the static
files and IndexPageBundle to serve the index.html on multiple URLs (but if
you use a # as a base in your index.html, you don't need to do things as
complicated as we do, the default settings for the mappings should be
enough). See
https://gitlab.com/victornoel/petals-cockpit/blob/master/cockpit/src/main/java/org/ow2/petals/cockpit/PetalsCockpitApplication.java#L50

and maybe also this discussion too
https://github.com/palantir/dropwizard-index-page/issues/38
 - we map the backend to /api. See
https://gitlab.com/victornoel/petals-cockpit/blob/master/cockpit/default.yml#L5
 - the frontend queries /api/...

>From there, you should have enough to serve the frontend with the backend.

As for the security, it should be handled at the jetty level I guess,
because the pages are served by jetty, so you may need to configure either
shiro, pac4j or any other servlet compliant security framework to add
filters to protect the pgase themselves.
Another solution (it is what we do in our application), is to only manage
security at the backend level and we made the frontend take care of showing
the right errors or login pages…