We have java application setup as a dropwizard framework deployed on 6
boxes with ELB managing routing of connection requests to these boxes.

WE are facing a latency issues where, ELB shows backend response times as
high as 800 milliseconds where as the application took less than 10
milliseconds to process the request.

We have found that the problem was not with ELB or network or backend
database. Can someone please suggest what is going wrong with the requests.

Below is the dropwizard configuration for server

  type: default

  maxQueuedRequests: 8192

  maxThreads: 2048

  adminContextPath: /admin