All,

Can anyone see the error of my ways?

I need custom deserialization, from JSON, to work in DW.  I followed some
how tos but it isn't working.  The upshot is i don't have available a
default, no-arg constructor.  Instead, I have a factory method.

I created a mixin:

public abstract class PatientMixin {

    @JsonCreator
    public ForecastPatient createForecastForecastPatient() {
        return ForecastFactory.eINSTANCE.createForecastPatient();
    }
}

In my DW Application.run(...) I did this:

<code before>
environment.getObjectMapper().addMixIn(ForecastPatient.class,
PatientMixin.class);
<code after>

I thought DW would find my Mixin and call the factory.  Instead I am
getting an error
Can not construct instance of forecast.ForecastPatient, problem: abstract
types either need to be mapped to concrete types, have custom deserializer,
or be instantiated with additional type information

I would have thought I had things mapped properly but apparently not. Also,
the examples I am reading appear to out of date.

Thanks in advance