Hi everyone,

I’m sharing this message from Kathleen Shearer regarding the initial outcomes
of the COAR Next Generation Repositories working group. The document, which is
now open for public comment, presents 12 user stories that outline priority
functionalities for repositories. We welcome your feedback - public comments
are open until March 3, 2017: http://comment.coar-repositories.org.

Regards,

Andrea

COAR is pleased to announce the publication of the initial outcomes of the COAR
Next Generation Repositories Working Group for public comment.
In April 2016, the Confederation of Open Access Repositories
(COAR<https://www.coar-repositories.org/>) launched a working group to help
identify new functionalities and technologies for repositories and develop a
road map for their adoption. For the past several months, the group has been
working to define a vision for repositories and sketch out the priority user
stories and scenarios that will help guide the development of new
functionalities.

The vision is to position repositories as the foundation for a distributed,
globally networked infrastructure for scholarly communication, on top of which
layers of value added services will be deployed, thereby transforming the
system, making it more research-centric, open to and supportive of innovation,
while also collectively managed by the scholarly community.

Underlying this vision is the idea that a distributed network of repositories
can and should be a powerful tool to promote the transformation of the
scholarly communication ecosystem. In this context, repositories will provide
access to published articles as well as a broad range of artifacts beyond
traditional publications such as datasets, pre-prints, working papers, images,
software, and so on.
The working group presents 12 user stories that outline priority
functionalities for repositories. The document, to which you can provide public
comments directly, is available here:
nextgenrepo.coar-repositories.org<http://nextgenrepo.coar-repositories.org/>
We very much welcome your input, and also encourage you to share this message
with your colleagues. We hope to have widespread feedback from the community.
Public comments are open from February
7<http://airmail.calendar/2017-02-07%2012:00:00%20AST> – March 3, 2017
All the best,
Kathleen
Kathleen Shearer
Executive Director, Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR)
m.kathlee...@gmail.com<javascript:> - +1 514 992 9068
Skype: kathleen.shearer2 - twitter: @KathleeShearer

--
Andrea Bollini
Chief Technology and Innovation Officer

4Science,  www.4science.it<http://www.4science.it>
office: Via Edoardo D'Onofrio 304, 00155 Roma, Italy
mobile: +39 333 934 1808
skype: a.bollini
linkedin: andreabollini
orcid: 0000-0002-9029-1854

an Itway Group Company
Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Qatar, U.A.Emirates