== Received vs Open ==
(partial rehash of what said in #duraspace 2010-05-12)
Due to the difficulty in successfully keeping up with new tickets created,
especially during the tail of weekly committer meetings, I like the idea of
having "received". It will help to distinguish what has been submitted, and
it just rotting, vs something that has atleast been considered. If JIRA
could spit out a weekly email of all things {received}, as well as all
things that moved from {received to open} in the past week, and sent that to
dspace-tech, I think that would be helpful to engage the community a little
more. I.e. a ticket about doing something in jetty will get a better
response from the mailing list, than from jira.

Thus, someone can patrol the {received} tickets each week, to make sure they
either become {open} or {closed - won't fix}. Then in committer meetings we
can discuss issues that need more discussion, such as "does this patch make
sense".

Also, with regard to new tickets that are feature requests / improvements. I
think these might be especially good to get community feedback for. Such as
ideas from dsalo like: DS-293 [Update input-forms from the UI, no restart
required].
I like how things like Google Moderator works, and I would recommend adding
{recieved::feature-request} to moderator. Thus far, I've been adding things
somewhat to http://www.google.com/moderator/#15/e=3fb5&t=3fb5.40

This would work somewhat similar to how in times past, a survey went out,
and then a wordle tag helps you to see in big letters what is wanted. But
this could be equally, or more effective.

== Resolved vs Closed ==
I was wondering about the difference between resolved and closed.
When I do my commits that fix the problem (even if I was the reporter), I
choose to resolve the ticket.
To close it, I think should be the responsibility of the tester, the
reviewer, or even the release coordinator. They look over all committed
fixes, and once its been properly tested and solves the problem
satisfactorily, then they get to close it.

Peter Dietz
Systems Developer/Engineer
Ohio State University Libraries