The only parts of the installation that care about location seem to be
bin/start-handle-server and the HandlePlugin class that interfaces the
Handle server to DSpace's database.  I presume that you're leaving the
old DSpace installation in place (perhaps not running any UI) until you
complete the migration.

If the live database does not move, then I would expect the Handle
server to continue working.  If you *do* move the database, you will
need to configure both the new *and* the old installations to use the
new location and then restart the Handle server.

I have *not* tried this.  Please test carefully before committing to
anything.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Balance your desire for bells and whistles with the reality that only a