Essentially then, and to hopefully accurately paraphrase Mark W.'s comments . .
.

If the server where dsp...@mit currently resides continues to run, and if we
continue using the same database location, then the handle-server should run.
However, if we move the database to a new location, then the handle-server
needs to be configured to use the new location... How is that done,
reconfiguring the handle-server to use a new location? -- is it the simple
setup of the new handle server and notification to CNRI, or is there something
on the dspace application side besides the handle.dir?

Also, why would I have to update the old installation -- we will be retiring
that? Again, pardon my newbiness . . . I haven't set up the handle-server prior
to this.

Thanks!

..\Wendy
Wendy Bossons