Hi Joseph,

We have a PHP project in works https://github.com/jamespaulmuir/cotinga . It
connects directly to the postgres database of the dspace server, and then
constructs a url that will make the DSpace server serve the bitstreams using
the /bitstream/.... url. Our other dev has built it to import the database,
and then use elastic search to manipulate the data model. To play nicer with
DSpace, it could be refactored to get its data from solr:search/discovery.

Peter Dietz