All,

Just a reminder, all week long (Feb 15-19) we are running our second
DSpace 1.6 Testathon - "The Big Bug Hunt".  We have three DSpace
1.6.0-RC2 test instances up and running.  Please try to take some time
out of your week to help us test!  We can use help from repository
managers, developers, or just interested users.  More information about
the Testathon is available at:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Testathon

If you find what you think is a bug, feel free to report it in our
DSpace Jira (http://jira.dspace.org).   If you want to confirm it first,
we have DSpace developers available to talk in our DSpace IRC chat room.
  The easiest way to join our chat room is to visit our Testathon
website at  http://dspace.testathon.net/  (Then, just enter in a
nickname of your choice and click "Login").   If you are new to online
chat, don't worry, we're all very friendly!  Feel free to introduce
yourself when you join the room, and let us know if you've found
anything in your testing.

*Upcoming Release Schedule*

As we've mentioned previously, the DSpace Developers believe that things
are much more stable in 1.6.0 RC2.  Assuming the bugs are minor or
minimal in this week's Testathon, we feel that we're only a few weeks
away from the 1.6.0 final release.  Here's our current planned schedule:

* Feb 15-19: Testathon for 1.6.0 RC2
* Feb 22-26: Resolve any issues from Testathon (hopefully all minor)
* March 1 or 2: Release 1.6.0 Final

So, if you can find some time this week, please help us make DSpace 1.6
one of the best releases yet!

Thanks again for your help,

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace