Hi Terry,

On 5/18/2016 11:33 AM, Terry Brady wrote:
Tim,

Thanks for the explanation.

To implement #1, I recommend that we add the necessary hibernate configuration logic to recursively traverse community2community. Who could advise on that change?

Sounds like we should verify the purpose of this setting first (with whoever added it...it doesn't seem to have documentation?). Maybe Peter Dietz? Then, maybe get feedback from KevinVdV (or Atmire) on updating Hibernate as needed.


To implement #2, we would probably want to change the method return type to return a list of lists: one list for each immediate community parent.

Yes, that makes sense to me. As long as we validate the assumptions in #1 first. We'd need to document this change in the REST API docs though, as it might affect anyone using "parentCommunityList" already.

In general here, I think we need more feedback on the intension of this param (maybe even try to track down in the codebase who added it, via GitHub "blame"?) . I'm not sure I even understand it. Until we do, it's hard to figure out how to proceed.

- Tim

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSpace 
Technical Support" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dspace-tech.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to