Hi Kim,

Thanks for the info, I never thought the
HierarchicalSidebarFacetConfiguration can be used in fields that are
not Hierarchical (taxonomies based). Your suggestion is all I need to
achieve the sidebar facets for series entries. One thing to note is I added
the <property name="skipFirstNodeLevel" value="false"/> such that users
will see the Series statement first (or the text before the semicolon).

With regards to Browse by, I am not talking about search filter as per your
description below but rather adding an webui.browse.index.5 =
series:metadata:dc.relation.ispartofseries:text in the Browse Configuration
found in dspace.cfg. I believe what I want is impossible without using an
'ugly' hack. Right now I'm contented with just implementing sidebar facets
for series entries.

Thanks again.
euler