I see that the type facet is available for your whole repository:
http://dspace31b.library.uaf.edu:8080/xmlui/browse?type=type

I wonder if this is an issue with your Cocoon cache.

Here is something simple to try.  Sign into DSpace as an administrator.  Go
to Control Panel->Java Information and then click "Clear Cache Immediately".

Terry

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Walter Rutherford <wlrutherf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We're moving an existing site and I'll be managing it once we get the
> duplicate site working
> I have the new site *almost* identical to the original but I'm having
> issues adding the By Type
> browsing link.
>
> I modified the dspace.cfg file to add a new webui.browse.index entry:
>   webui.browse.index.1 = dateissued:item:dateissued
>   webui.browse.index.2 = author:metadata:dc.contributor.*,dc.creator:text
>   webui.browse.index.3 = title:item:title
>   webui.browse.index.4 = subject:metadata:dc.subject.*:text
> *  webui.browse.index.5 = type:metadata:dc.type:text*
>
> And added new entries to the messages.xml file:
> *        <message key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.Navigation.browse_type">By
> Type</message>*
>

> *        <message
> key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.ConfigurableBrowse.type.column_heading">Type</message>*
>

> *        <message
> key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.ConfigurableBrowse.title.metadata.type">Browsing
> {0} by Type {1}</message>        <message
> key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.ConfigurableBrowse.trail.metadata.type">Browsing
> {0} by Type</message>*
>

> Then, (following what worked for someone else in this group with the same
> problem):
>    > stopped tomcat
>    $ dspace index-init
>    > restarted tomcat  [no change to website]
>    $ dspace update-discovery-index - b
>    > [Still no change]
>
> Almost identical
>   Original: https://scholarworks.alaska.edu/
>   Duplicate: http://dspace31b.library.uaf.edu:8080/xmlui
>
> On the top page the "By Type" link doesn't exist on the duplicate site
> *but*, strangely,
> it DOES show up on lower pages so I'm doing something right. I haven't
> found a
> configuration option that treats the home page any differently than other
> pages on
> the site.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
http://georgetown-university-libraries.github.io/
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)