Hi, Marion,

Can you actually change your password if you are a shib user? This
thread makes it seem like the option to change your password would be
displayed but not actually be allowed if you tried it.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dspace-tech/rxZOsaqvqY8

I wonder if setting
xmlui.user.editmetadata = false
would remove the password change option.

Best,

Tom