Hi Lewatle,

To reindex all items in DSpace's search/browse, you should use the
"index-discovery" command. For example, the "-b" flag will wipe out the
current search/browse index and reindex everything:

[dspace]/bin/dspace index-discovery -b

The "index-discovery" command should be run while Tomcat is running (as it
needs Solr to be available).  The results will be logged to your dspace.log
file.  Depending on the size of the site and speed of your server, this may
take a while to fully complete. But, during that time, your site will still
be available / active (though search/browse results may not be 100%
accurate until the reindex finishes).

More information on this command can be found in the documentation here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Discovery#Discovery-DiscoverySolrIndexMaintenance

- Tim

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:05 AM Lewatle Johannes Phaladi <joema...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have upgraded from dspace4.3 to 6.2, run all upgrade steps well and had
> database re-indexed automatically and all items were populated on dspace
> website,  now i have recently run
> $dspace oai import -o
> $ dspace solr-reindex-statistics
>
> now when i check total number of titles in our dspace website it has
> reduced from 17450 to 15600, please share with me how to re-index dspace
> system that is upgraded well following all upgrade steps :
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Upgrading+DSpace
>
> I would safe re-indexing steps or fix to my problem to have all items
> visible online
>
> Regards,
> Lewatle

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org