Hi,

Last year I was playing with building and running DSpace in a Docker
container. I eventually succeeded[0] in building upon and improving
1science's work[1] but I was very annoyed with the insanity of Maven
downloading the entire Internet every time I made a tweak and triggered a
rebuild of the image. What a waste of time and network
resources—idempotence in Java-based container workflows is an absolute drag!

Anyways, I recently discovered that you can host a JFrog Artifactory
instance locally and use that to cache Maven artifacts and speed up the
builds. I just wrote a blog post[2] about it in the hopes that someone
would benefit from this tactic, perhaps as there is more interest in moving
DSpace into Dockerized (or other container) environments.

[0] https://github.com/alanorth/docker-dspace
[1] https://github.com/1science/docker-dspace
[2] https://mjanja.ch/2018/02/cache-maven-artifacts-with-artifactory/

Regards,