Hello,

I advise against manipulation the database directly. In our installation were some ugly side effects in a test. But there is a tool named PolicySet (https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/authorize/PolicySet.java) that could interesting for you. Start this in command line with "[dspace]/bin/dspace dsrun org.dspace.authorize.PolicySet [Parameters...]". Unfortunately you have to set Constants (https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/Constants.java) and UUIDs as parameter. But in a script this could be an useful tool.

Best regards,

Paul Münch

Zitat von Justice Kasiroori <jkasiro...@gmail.com>:

Hi Claudia

Thank you for the detailed instructions.  *Unfortunately* I have tried
everything you said BUT its not changing.  Here is what I did.

1. I cleared the collection's policies just to make sure that I do not miss
anything and that I have only the policies I needed.  After doing so I
checked the collection's page and it had this message:

*This collection is restricted. You do not have the credentials to access
the restricted collection [Collection Name here].*2. I changed the
DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ and DEFAULT_ITEM_READ to Anonymous

* Log in as admin -> Edit collection -> Collection's Authorizations-> Add a
new policy-> DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ and DEFAULT_ITEM_READ to Anonymous *3.
I checked under Edit collection -> Assign Roles Tab under the Default Read
access. It had this message:
   *Default read for incoming items and bitstreams is currently set to
Anonymous.  E-People and Groups that can read new items submitted to this
collection. Changes to this role are not retroactive. Existing items in
the system will still be viewable by those who had read access at the time
of their addition. *The collection's home page still indicated that the
collection was restricted.

4. Still logged in as admin:
Administer -> AccessControl Authorization-> Advanced/ItemWildcard Policy
Admin Tool

And I did the following as per instruction:
Select Collection
ChooseContent Type - Item
Choose Group - Anonymous
Choose Action - READ
Repeat this step with Content Type - Bitstream

*Still no change.  The collection is still restricted.*

5. I added READ access to Anonymous

* Log in as admin -> Edit collection -> Collection's Authorizations-> Add a
new policy-> READ  to Anonymous *The collection is no longer resticted BUT

*nothing comes out. THE CHANGES ARE STILL NOT BEING APPLIED TO THE EXISTING
ITEMS*I have tried this with two different collections but the results are
the same.  Maybe I am missing a step or there could a step which is not
stated explicitly, or perhaps a setting?  I am now at my wits end.  Perhaps
it would be easier if I were to do it directly in SQL. Has anyone changed
authorisation's using the database directly?  Any help would be appreciated.