After confidence values have been updated, you will have to re-run "dspace
index-discovery" to update the Solr search index. An import part is that
the item itself has to have its "last_modified" value updated as well for
index-discovery to update the searchable values for the item. (This would
happen when using normal DSpace tools, but not if you updated the
metadatavalue table yourself.) Optionally you could choose to re-build the
entire search index but obviously that will take a lot longer. As for
withdrawn items, queries will generally exclude them unless you have admin
privileges and search for withdrawn items explicitly.