Dear Paul,

My apologies for sending you the full log file,

Please find below a snippet of the error message in the dspace.log file

".
2020-04-19 04:00:38,839 ERROR org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser @ It
wasn't possible to update this identifier:  doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-84
Exceptions code:  BAD_ANSWER
org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIIdentifierException: Unable to parse an answer
from DataCite API. Please have a look into DSpace logs.
at
org.dspace.identifier.doi.DataCiteConnector.reserveDOI(DataCiteConnector.java:500)
at
org.dspace.identifier.doi.DataCiteConnector.updateMetadata(DataCiteConnector.java:582)
at
org.dspace.identifier.DOIIdentifierProvider.updateMetadataOnline(DOIIdentifierProvider.java:420)
at org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser.update(DOIOrganiser.java:594)
at org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser.runCLI(DOIOrganiser.java:240)
at org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser.main(DOIOrganiser.java:71)
at
at
at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.java:229)
at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:81)
2020-04-19 04:00:39,138 WARN  org.dspace.identifier.doi.DataCiteConnector @
While reserving the DOI doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-124, we got a http status
code 404 and the message "<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<pre>Cannot POST /metadata/</pre>
".
2020-04-19 04:00:39,153 ERROR org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser @ It
wasn't possible to update this identifier:  doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-124
[...]
2020-04-19 04:00:39,420 WARN  org.dspace.identifier.doi.DataCiteConnector @
While reserving the DOI doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-81, we got a http status
code 404 and the message "<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<pre>Cannot POST /metadata/</pre>
".
2020-04-19 04:00:39,435 ERROR org.dspace.identifier.doi.DOIOrganiser @ It
wasn't possible to update this identifier:  doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-81
[...]
2020-04-19 04:00:39,716 WARN  org.dspace.identifier.doi.DataCiteConnector @
While reserving the DOI doi:10.22006/dspacebeta-82, we got a http status
code 404 and the message "<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<pre>Cannot POST /metadata/</pre>