Hello,

Frontend won't be accessible because you running it on the loopback adapter 
( localhost - 127.0.0.1 ). With the current frontend setup you can't access 
the frontend remotely ( sort of ) but you can if you browse from the 
machine where the frontend is installed. Tim directions is the way to go so 
don't neglect it if you want to setup your server in a good and clean way 
for production but if all you need of this configuration is to try out 
DSpace 7 temporarily you still can get it accessible by the machine IP 
address if you set:

in local.cfg or dspace.cfg:
dspace.server.url = http://10.1.1.11:8080/server
dspace.ui.url = http://10.1.1.11:4000

in environment.prod.ts
  ui: {
    ssl: false,
    host: '10.1.1.11',
    port: 4000,
    // NOTE: Space is capitalized because 'namespace' is a reserved string 
in TypeScript
    nameSpace: '/',
    // The rateLimiter settings limit each IP to a "max" of 500 requests 
per "windowMs" (1 minute).
    rateLimiter: {
      windowMs: 1 * 60 * 1000,   // 1 minute
      max: 500 // limit each IP to 500 requests per windowMs
    }
  },
  // The REST API server settings.
  // NOTE: these must be "synced" with the 'dspace.server.url' setting in 
your backend's local.cfg.
  rest: {
    ssl: false,
    host: '10.1.1.11',
    port: 8080,
    // NOTE: Space is capitalized because 'namespace' is a reserved string 
in TypeScript
    nameSpace: '/server',
  },

make sure port 4000 & 8080 is opened in the firewall and can be accessed 
across the network for this setup to work.

Good luck
On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:07:50 PM UTC+3 
[email protected] wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to perform local installation of DSpace 7.1.1 on Ubuntu 
> 18.04 server from a virtual machine on a local network initially for 
> testing. This is my second installation attempt, I've tried several 
> different configurations to try to get it to work, but it always crashes at 
> this point. I can access the backend of a machine on the same network 
> through http://10.1.1.11:8080/server, install the frontend that is 
> communicating with the backend (tested by the yarn config:check:rest 
> command), I can compile the frontend with yarn start and finish without 
> errors:
>
> $ dist./node server
> [HPM] Proxy created: / -> http://localhost:8080/server/sitemaps
> [18:01:54 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)] Listening at 
> http://localhost:4000/
>
> But when I try to access the same way as the API by http://10.1.1.11:4000/ 
> I have the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
>
> I believe that some server configuration is missing, does anyone have 
> something similar? I've had this problem for a few days.
>
> Sorry for the english, it literally came out of google translator.
>

-- 
All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the Code of Conduct: 
https://www.lyrasis.org/about/Pages/Code-of-Conduct.aspx
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Technical Support" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/bf5bb60f-4b8f-4baa-b125-cd9f04ae767dn%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to