Hi Steli,

I'm writing this message again since it seems it got lost (apologies if, in
the end, it's sent twice).

I'm happy to know it works in your production server, but to continue with
the discussion (and for the records), I've been able to track down where
the error comes from.

It seems that the video format changed its name from "MPEG" to "VIDEO" in
ImageMagick 6.9.11-31 (see commit
https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick6/commit/4872c693299802cfe6677742867098f64440d9aa).

Thus, I'm pretty confident that (assuming ImageMagick has enough resources)
the following command will indeed work (notice the MPEG vs VIDEO format):

convert -size 640x480 MPEG:./video.tmp[100] thumb.jpg

Thus, I'm also pretty confident that changing "VIDEO" to "MPEG" in line 66
in file
`dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/mediafilter/ImageMagickVideoThumbnailFilter.java`

(see
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/50b47b707ccc4f0d7ed3887f08f0a88a39686f29/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/mediafilter/ImageMagickVideoThumbnailFilter.java#L66)

would also make this filter work in older ImageMagick/Linux distributions
(such as ubuntu 20.04).

Since DSpace has to be installed from sources anyway, I think that changing
that line in old systems is not a big deal in specific cases.

In any case, ImageMagick delegates are specified in file
`/etc/ImageMagick-6/delegates.xml` (you can compare how these files differ
between Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 22.04 and see the MPEG vs VIDEO issue).

Thus, I'll try to see if ImageMagick can be configured in such a way that
no modifications to DSpace are needed when running ImageMagick < 6.9.11-31.

Cheers!

Abel