While this wholy possible now (and actually a nice solution to the
issue) I caution that the future path of DSpace Development could
completely separate these web-applications dependencies as well.
Jose, can't just deploy the web-applications one at a time by hand?

-Mark

On Feb 16, 2007, at 5:45 AM, Stuart Lewis [sdl] wrote:

> Hi José,
>
> You should be able to do this quite easily by adding the following to:
>
> [dspace-src]/etc/dspace-web.xml
>
> Add these into the relevant sections:
>
>  <context-param>
>     <param-name>properties</param-name>
>     <param-value>@@dspace.dir@@/config/oaicat.properties</param-value>
>     <description>
>       The location of the oaicat.properties file containing
>       datapairs used to initialize the OAI repository software.
>     </description>
>   </context-param>
>
>  <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>oai-handler</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>ORG.oclc.oai.server.OAIHandler</servlet-class>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>oai-handler</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/request</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> You can then just recompile, and deploy dspace.war.
>
> Your base URL for OAI-PMH will then be:
>
> www.example.com/dspace/request
>
> Rather than
>
> www.example.com/dspace-oai/request as documented.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Stuart
>
> Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We            Web Applications Developer
> Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
> Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth
>
>             E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                  Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology