Hi Claudia,
  Thank you for the information. I am able to get statistical reports page for
my dspace. But I am getting zero counts for the entire category except for the
items archived. Do I have to set something to get other information’s like User
logins, Items viewed and words searched e.t.c

  Thank you
  Nina

Claudia Jürgen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi Nina,

first, please use the dspace-mailing lists and not my private address
for dspace related questions. Otherwise people with the same questions
are not able to follow up the threads.

> # the log directory to be analysed
> http://localhost:8080/dspace
this line refers to the directory where the logs of the dspace
installation are stored.

> And then
> I typed the following commands
> C:\dspce\bin >dsrun stat-initial
>
> But it gives classnot found error. Is it because I have dspace on Windows XP
> operating system?

Naturally these are perl scripts no java classes. As you can see in the
documentation, they are simply invoked via [dspace]/bin/name, provided
that you got perl installed.

exerpt from dspace docs

# Run stat analyses
[dspace]/bin/stat-general
[dspace]/bin/stat-monthly
[dspace]/bin/stat-report-general
[dspace]/bin/stat-report-monthly

Note that Perl needs to be installed in order to run the statistical
reports.

Claudia

> Thank you
> NIna
>

> Claudia Juergen wrote: Hi Nina,
>
> the base documentation for the statistical reports resides in the
> documentation:
> dspace/docs/configure.html#statistics
>
> For further information run:
> [dspace]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser -help
> [dspace]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.statistics.ReportGenerator -help
>

> You must edit the scripts in [dspace]/bin
> stat-general
> stat-initial
> stat-monthly
> stat-report-general
> stat-report-initial
> stat-report-monthly
>
> In order that statistical reports are generated regularly and thus kept up
> to date you should set up the following cron jobs:
>
> # Run stat analyses
> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-general
> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-monthly
> 0 2 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-report-general
> 0 2 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-report-monthly
>

> Claudia
>

>> Hi All,
>> In the dspace documentation there is mentioning of statistics. I have
>> installed dspace1.4. But when I login as admin and click on the
>> statistics link I get a message saying” there are no reports available”
>>
>> What should I do to enable statistics report? Is there any documentation
>> on how to setup statistical report.
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>> Nina
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Finding fabulous fares is fun.
>> Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
>> hotel
>> bargains.-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
>> your
>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
>> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________
>> DSpace-tech mailing list
>> DSpace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net

> It's here! Your new message!