On 24/07/07, Graham Triggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But, I think we are getting a little tied up around the idea that it may
> only be a single implementation that has all these possibilities
> available as configuration options - and that need not be the case at
> all.

+1 - I doubt we could come up with one uber-flexible implementation
which an exhaustive set of options that takes care of the lot.  It's
probably better to providing an interface which lets people drop in
different implementations that implement any complex policy they
choose.

It then becomes a little more manageable for curators, as the majority
can just select from a menu and say 'we use the XXX implementation'
instead of having to specify which of the smörgåsbord of configuration
options they've tweaked and how.

Rob