Got it!!!

Not the network, not PostgreSQL, and not really DSpace - of course it
was me. To show my colleagues the status of my test installation of
DSpace I changed in dspace.cfg all occurrences of 'localhost' to the
network name. And this was 1 occurrence too much: After resetting to
'localhost' the line

db.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dspace

the connection was back!

Thanks to everyone who helped and wondered. :-)

Best regards

Robert

-------